Santa Barbara Tough Enough

Entries and farewell tour
February 5, 2019, 10:25 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

The entries list has only a single participant as of 04 February. Expenses are around $2K so far, with another big chunk yet to come. Last year I wondered whether the natural life of the event was drawing to a close. I wonder again. Once entries total more than one (thanks, Scott!) I’ll start posting the list.

Make no mistake, though. Tough Enough is happening in 2019.

7 Comments so far

I am so sorry to hear about the declining number of participants. I think the event is a wonderful ultra and it makes me wonder if we just need to get the word out to a larger audience. You’d think there would be people from all around the country who would love to enter this amazing event. Although, perhaps the fact that there are so many more ultras sweeping the country, maybe people have a lot more local options than they did in prior years.

If you’d every like to talk about this, get some ideas or consider various options, please consider me a local resource with no agenda of anykind other than to support the ultra community.

John

– – – – – – – – – – – John D. Callos Los Olivos, CA http://johncallos.com/johncallos/ultra.asp PHONE/TEXT: (805) 252-8884

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 10:25 AM Santa Barbara Tough Enough wrote:

> areyoutoughenough posted: “The entries list has only a single participant > as of 04 February. Expenses are around $2K so far, with another big chunk > yet to come. Last year I wondered whether the natural life of the event was > drawing to a close. I wonder again. Once entries total mor” >

Comment by John D. Callos

John, thank you. Ongoing conundrum: I’m certain we could get a lot more people by advertising, but then the cost of putting on the event would skyrocket and even with more people I’d likely have to raise the fees, which I’m loathe to do. Perhaps we can talk at the event.

Comment by areyoutoughenough

Ben Bruno is going to run with me. I think with the depth of female talent in SB currently the 29 year old womens record needs to fall. Looking forward to my 10th start!!!! thanks for the decade of the most unique event around.

Comment by scott young

I think with the rain we’ve had it’s going to be a particularly beautiful day for it.

Comment by areyoutoughenough

I have two teams that are going to participate… We just haven’t finished getting all the signatures yet. Should be sending it in shortly

Comment by Sharon

We have at least three teams planning to participate! Just getting final names so that we can register.

Comment by erinmcclanahan2181

I too have a team that plans to register as well. I think with team runs in general registration tends to be more last minute due to the difficulty of organizing teams

Comment by Nick Deason